Sale!

Senorio de San Vicente Rioja 2009 Red Spanish Wine

$55.99 $49.99

93 Points – International Wine Cellar, September 2013 “(100% tempranillo peludo; aged for 20 months in new French and American oak): Bright purple. Heady, smoke- and spice-accented aromas of dark berries, incense, potpourri and vanilla. Round and seamless in the mouth, offering sweet blackberry and cassis flavors enlivened by a bracing note of minerality. Supple tannins give shape to the strikingly persistent finish, which leaves a sexy floral pastille note behind.” –Josh Raynolds ALSO: 92 Points – Wine Advocate, December 2013 90 Points – Wine Spectator, September 2013

SKU: 12365212 Categories: ,

Description

93 Points – International Wine Cellar, September 2013 “(100% tempranillo peludo; aged for 20 months in new French and American oak): Bright purple. Heady, smoke- and spice-accented aromas of dark berries, incense, potpourri and vanilla. Round and seamless in the mouth, offering sweet blackberry and cassis flavors enlivened by a bracing note of minerality. Supple tannins give shape to the strikingly persistent finish, which leaves a sexy floral pastille note behind.” –Josh Raynolds 92 Points – Wine Advocate, December 2013 “The 2009 San Vicente is produced from selected Tempranillo Peludo grapes (literally “hairy Tempranillo,” a specific Tempranillo strain whose leaf has a hairy underside) from a south-facing 18-hectare vineyard planted on argilo-calcareous soil in San Vicente de la Sonsierra in Rioja Alta in 1985. The destemmed grapes are fermented in inox vats with pumping-over, malolactic and 19-month aging in new oak barrels, 90% of which are French and the remaining 10% American. 2009 is a serious vintage for San Vicente, which is starting to develop tertiary complex aromas with touches of smoke, spices and leather under a bright ripe black and red fruit aromas and a mineral feeling. The medium-bodied palate is balanced, with grainy tannins and a well-composed finish. 60,000 bottles were filled in June 2011. Drink 2015-2026.” –Luis Gutierrez 90 Points – Wine Spectator, September 2013 “Supple and lively, this red delivers focused cherry, cocoa, tobacco and mineral flavors, with light, well-integrated tannins and vibrant acidity. Expressive. Drink now through 2016. 1,000 cases made.” –TM

Additional information

Weight 48 oz
Dimensions 5 x 5 x 17 in
Vintage Substitution

,

Wine Advocate

Wine Spectator

Vinous Media/IWC

Custom Label 0